When the standard troubleshooting steps do not work for an xSAN client it is sometimes a good idea to just uninstall the software and reinstall it. You also may decide to repurpose an aging system out of the xSAN. To uninstall xSAN from a system:
- Open xSAN Admin from /Applications/Server
- Unmount all of the volumes for the system you are uninstalling.
- Backup the /Library/Filesystems/Xsan/config directory for the system.
- Open the Uninstall Xsan.pkg file from the CD or other location it is available at.
- At the Welcome ot the Xsan Uninstaller Installer screen click continue.
- At the Select a Destination for Uninstall screen, click on the volume you want to uninstall the xSAN software from and click Continue.
- At the Easy Install screen, click Install.
- Authenticate to the Uninstaller at the Authenticate prompt and click on OK
- At the warning that you will need to restart your computer, click Continue Installation.
- When the uninstall process is complete, click Restart to reboot the computer you just uninstalled xSAN from.
Note: You will need to uninstall Xsan using an uninstaller of the same version that is installed.
krypted February 4th, 2006
Posted In: Xsan
Uninstall Xsan, uninstalling Xsan