About Apple Configurator 1.4.1 is now out, to complement iOS 7.0.3 and OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Configurator 1.4.1 is available from the Updates tab of the Mac App Store and requires OS X Mountain Lion or later, as well as iTunes 11.1 or later.
What’s new in Configurator 1.4.1
• Options to configure which Setup Assistant steps display during device setup
• Fixes an application quitting issue that could occur when saving a profile with invalid options
• No longer removes Mobile device management (MDM) enrollment profile from a supervised device when refreshing it
• Fixes creation of Font profiles for iOS 7
• Renames the Supervision Profile which appears on devices to Configurator Trust Certificate. For more information, see this article.
krypted October 24th, 2013
Posted In: iPhone
TrainSignal, a popular site for computer based training videos, has built a course for iPads in the Enterprise. As a technical reviewer, I’ve had a chance to check out all the content, and it’s a good overview of what it takes to deploy iOS in enterprise environments. The course covers Apple Configurator, iPhone Configuration Utility and other tools common in such a deployment as well as the general concepts that those not yet familiar with iOS should get before embarking on such a deployment.
The course is narrated by and developed by John O’Neill Sr., who brings a really upbeat and refreshing tempo to the table. To access the content, check it out at http://www.trainsignal.com/iPads-in-the-Enterprise-Training.aspx.
krypted January 10th, 2013