Address Book.app stores its preferences in the following property list files in ~/Library/Preferences:
The Address Book data itself is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook, Here you will find:
- The SQL Lite database (*.abcddb).
- Any images associated with addresses are located in the Images folder in that directory
- Any contacts synchronized (ie – from Address Book services of Mac OS X Server to the local computer are synchronized into the Sources directory (into the .abcddb file located there)
- Any metadata associated with the contacts in the Metadata directory
- The MailRecents-v4 file, which contains a cache of the most recently used email addresses
- A Configuration.plist property list that has the settings for that specific database.